The Rights of Students
Parents have a right to:
What can parents do?
- Request information about staff members' credentials from the principal.
- Know how your child's school is performing. The North Carolina School Report Card for your child's school will be sent home after it is released by the state. This typically occurs in November or December.
- Understand the Parental Involvement Policy.
What can schools do?
- Attend school events.
- Volunteer for schoolwide projects (must be an approved volunteer by the Alleghany County Board of Education)
- Participate in the School Improvement Team.
- Invite parents to take an active role in the total school program.
- Reach out to parents through newsletters, special events, media outlets and/or parent-teacher conferences.