Title I Components
All Title I schools must complete as comprehensive needs assessment that drives all aspects of school operations.
- School reform strategies must be implemented to address the identified needs.
- There must be high quality and ongoing professional development for staff to address the needs of the school.
- Parent involvement is critical and integral part of day-to-day operations in a Title I School.
- Strategies are in place to aid in the transitions between academic grade levels, as well as school levels, i.e., pre-school to kindergarten and elementary to middle school.
- Teachers are actively involved in the use of assessments and instructional decisions are driven by data analysis.
- Title I schools develop specific instructional activities for students identified with the greatest needs.
- Title I schools coordinate and integrate resources and services from federal, state, and local sources