Senior Meeting Video and Slideshow
A few tips regarding college admissions:
- If you are interested in early action admissions please make sure you are aware of the dates and requirements.
- FAFSA- State deadline- After Oct. 1st 2021, College Deadline- check with college, and Federal Deadline- June 30th
- RDS- Complete this ASAP
- If you need references letters from teachers or other individuals please contact them ASAP so they can be aware.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!
- Complete FAFSA
- Work on activities & honors form (update it)
- Recommendation letters
- Begin applying to Alleghany Education Foundation Scholarships.
- Refer to Student Services slideshow for more Scholarships.
- Check with colleges that all requirements are met.
Tips for a Successful School Year
- Time management skills are essential for students to be able to manage the demands of senior coursework, participating in extracurricular activities, applying to colleges and scholarships, securing employment, and enjoying their social lives.
- Proactive planning and scheduling time for each of the things you need (and want) to accomplish in order to have the most fun and productive final year at Alleghany High School.
- Utilize any and all resources available to you. The Student Services department believes in the significance of both college and career readiness for every student.
- Be vigilant about checking your student email account & the student services slideshow for important information.
- Consult with the counselors and other student service staff with any questions or concerns. We are all here to aid in the process.
- Lastly, ENJOY your senior year! Our ultimate goal is for every student to thrive and have fun while attending Alleghany High School. GO TROJANS!!!