Welcome to Pre-K!
Alleghany County Schools offers preschool programs at all three elementary schools. Our programs are designed to prepare young children for success in school. Our pre-K teachers are all highly qualified to provide a developmentally appropriate education for preschool children.
- Be four years old by August 31st of the enrollment year
- Be a resident of Alleghany County
And one of the following:
- Meet the family size and income requirements set by the state of North Carolina
- Be a child of an active military family (proof of active enlistment required)
- Have an identified educational/developmental need
How to Apply:
Applications are available at the Alleghany Board of Education located off of Trojan Avenue or down below in the attachments.
Address: Alleghany Board of Education
85 Peachtree Street Sparta, NC 28675
All applicants must submit the following documents with the completed application to Alleghany Board of Education:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Record
- (New) NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form completed by a doctor or Health Department
- (New) Dental Screening Form
- Verification of income (Tax return preferred or two consecutive pay stubs)
- Verification of physical address (ex. electric bill). A cell phone bill or PO Box cannot be accepted)
- Insurance or Medicaid Card
Parents will be called at the end of July notifying them if their child has or has not been accepted into the preschool program.
Missey R. Weaver
Alleghany County Schools Preschool Director
Alleghany County Schools